Every month of February, people become more aware of love and the loved ones in their lives than any other month. This is because of St. Valentine’s Day on the 14th of every month of February. There is usually this sense of responsibility to get a gift or two for a loved one so dear to your heart. As a result, people often get confused, are under pressure or become unsure of what to get as gifts. This article will show you How To Choose The Right Gift For A Loved One On Valentines Day.
Everyone loves a gift, especially from a loved one. Whether you know it or not, someone somewhere is directly or indirectly hoping they get a gift from you on Valentine’s Day. To give out a gift you must be sure it is something the person would love and appreciate and possibly become emotionally attached to. Such gifts with emotional attachment often become family heirlooms.
8 Things To Consider Before You Give Out Gifts This Valentine
1) What have they been hoping to have or often talk about? That might just be a gift that will blow their minds. Listen to them a lot, they will definitely drop a hint.
2) Consider their place and worth in your heart. Some friendships are worth going all the way for.
3) Consider their gender. You can’t get a flower for a guy, hello? It’s usually the other way round. Well unless he wants a flower.
4) Know what they dislike and what is a no no for them.
5) Don’t fall for the temptation of getting them what ‘you like’. That you are a perfume freak doesn’t mean they will like perfumes.
6) Consider your pocket. Find out the kind of gifts they would love and get the one you can afford.
7) Consider their pocket and status. Some gifts are an insult to the personality of some people. Know who you are dealing with. The key is to know what they love and find the one you can afford.
8) Avoid common gifts like ‘boxers and singlet’, which is a popular gift for guys in Nigeria by the way; unless you are sure that it is the right gift for them at that point in time. The person might conclude you didn’t take the pains to plan and get them befitting gifts.
How To Choose The Right Gift For A Loved One On Valentines Day.
- If your partner doesn’t like surprises, get them to know you want to get them something and ask if they would prefer cash to get for themselves what they love or they can list like 10 things they would want. Tell them you will get them one or two of the 10. Be honest and tell them to mention things you can afford and a few you can’t afford.
- Shopping online gives you the leisure to view options and compare prices, colours, designs, etc from different vendors at the comfort of your home or office. You get to place orders and have them packaged and delivered without stress. It is also an ideal way to send anonymous gifts as a secret admirer.
- Make sure to pull a surprise stunt if your lover loves surprises. Surprises have a way of winning anyone’s heart. It makes them feel loved, cherished and wanted. They feel good to think that someone had them in mind so much to sit down and plan the surprise, especially for a surprise gift they thought they could never get.
- Talk to his/her friends and family or people close to him/her. A hint from them can save the day.
- Have you ever thought of customising a gift item? There are many vendors on Cartrollers Service who you can contact and can do that for you, package it and ship to your loved one.
- Avoid repeating gifts. Try not to send the same gift you sent last year. If your partner can guess the gift you are going to send to them and guess right, then you haven’t done a good job. Be unpredictable. Keep them guessing!
Not only men give valentine gifts. Gifts are fun and mostly enjoyed when exchanged. Don’t always be on the receiving end. Be the giver also. Finally don’t be too expectant for gifts so as not to have the greatest disappointment of your life. Eliminate any entitlement mentalities. The economy is not smiling at many people, this period. Nevertheless, you can get discounted gifts here.
Shop for other discounted items online on Cartrollers.com you will find ideal gift items for your loved ones here.